Individuals: I aim to help you to:
- Manage anxiety, stress and the frightening stress signal of panic attacks by looking at coping strategies and self-care tools
- Explore how to, over time, lift yourself out of feeling low or depressed by changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour and self-defeating patterns of thinking
- Understand why your relationship is going wrong and maybe alter thinking and behaviour to improve current and future relationships
- Improve relationships by giving a safe space where you can understand what makes you tick and how you want to be with people
- Grow in confidence and improve self-esteem by providing a therapeutic relationship which encourages personal growth
- Find yourself when abuse or trauma has stolen your identity
- Navigate through the bewildering and physical pain of loss and bereavement and learn how to re-build your life around the loss
- Understand why a life event is affecting you so deeply, find coping strategies that support you through the dark times and, with new resilience, find a path towards greater control over your life
Thought of the Month (March)
"It’s time for me to be who I am rather than who I’m supposed to be"
Thor, Avengers Endgame
Once we realise that living our lives according to others’ expectations of us is not living our life but is instead following someone else’s path, we set ourselves free. Patterns set in childhood can continue into adulthood without us even realising and we wonder why we always end up in the same mess. Counselling gives us that space to explore those set thoughts and patterns and see if they really are useful to us anymore.