Individuals: I aim to help you to:
- Manage anxiety, stress and the frightening stress signal of panic attacks by looking at coping strategies and self-care tools
- Explore how to, over time, lift yourself out of feeling low or depressed by changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour and self-defeating patterns of thinking
- Understand why your relationship is going wrong and maybe alter thinking and behaviour to improve current and future relationships
- Improve relationships by giving a safe space where you can understand what makes you tick and how you want to be with people
- Grow in confidence and improve self-esteem by providing a therapeutic relationship which encourages personal growth
- Find yourself when abuse or trauma has stolen your identity
- Navigate through the bewildering and physical pain of loss and bereavement and learn how to re-build your life around the loss
- Understand why a life event is affecting you so deeply, find coping strategies that support you through the dark times and, with new resilience, find a path towards greater control over your life
Thought of the Month
"‘If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore."
As we go through childhood, our inquisitive and care-free spirit becomes moulded and limited by other peoples’ (particularly parents) expectations of us. We can lose spontaneity and self-belief. Different life events can also have an impact on our confidence. I think that counselling can be a bit like peeling an onion; in it’s safe and non-judgemental, holding space you can explore the layers of who you are, bit by bit and at your pace and also explore who you want to be – do you want to be governed by outmoded expectations and limiting beliefs? Do you want to try new ways of thinking and being? It can be scary, but the sense of liberation can also be exhilarating and life-changing.