Individuals: I aim to help you to:
- Manage anxiety, stress and the frightening stress signal of panic attacks by looking at coping strategies and self-care tools
- Explore how to, over time, lift yourself out of feeling low or depressed by changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour and self-defeating patterns of thinking
- Understand why your relationship is going wrong and maybe alter thinking and behaviour to improve current and future relationships
- Improve relationships by giving a safe space where you can understand what makes you tick and how you want to be with people
- Grow in confidence and improve self-esteem by providing a therapeutic relationship which encourages personal growth
- Find yourself when abuse or trauma has stolen your identity
- Navigate through the bewildering and physical pain of loss and bereavement and learn how to re-build your life around the loss
- Understand why a life event is affecting you so deeply, find coping strategies that support you through the dark times and, with new resilience, find a path towards greater control over your life
Thought of the Month
"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it"
Counselling is all about the therapeutic relationship between counsellor and client. If you feel the warmth, acceptance and non-judgemental support of your counsellor, then change has the best chance of taking place. But it can also be a tough place to be at times. Exploring the past and patterns of behaviour can present a choice – do you want to keep doing the same thing and hope that the outcome will be different or or do you want to alter your thinking and behaviour and so give a new path a chance?