Individuals: I aim to help you to:
- Manage anxiety, stress and the frightening stress signal of panic attacks by looking at coping strategies and self-care tools
- Explore how to, over time, lift yourself out of feeling low or depressed by changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour and self-defeating patterns of thinking
- Understand why your relationship is going wrong and maybe alter thinking and behaviour to improve current and future relationships
- Improve relationships by giving a safe space where you can understand what makes you tick and how you want to be with people
- Grow in confidence and improve self-esteem by providing a therapeutic relationship which encourages personal growth
- Find yourself when abuse or trauma has stolen your identity
- Navigate through the bewildering and physical pain of loss and bereavement and learn how to re-build your life around the loss
- Understand why a life event is affecting you so deeply, find coping strategies that support you through the dark times and, with new resilience, find a path towards greater control over your life
Thought of the Month
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
I believe that the place you find yourself today is a result of the journey you have taken so far, so I work in a holistic way in therapy sessions; exploring your past, present and hopes for the future. Often, this is a slow and evolving process – some people say that they cannot remember much from their childhood, or, ‘it’s done now, you can’t change the past.’ Yet, exploring your past can often unlock experiences that are affecting the way you think, feel and behave today – subconsciously, you are trying to ‘fix’ those past issues by re-creating the issue in the present. Counselling is a safe place to work out those complicated patterns and consider if a different way of thinking would be helpful.