Couples: I aim to help you to:
- Get your relationship back on track by giving a safe place where you can talk together
- Have a deeper understanding of the trigger points in your relationship so that alternative ways of settling differences can be reached
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your partner so that it is supportive and inquisitive rather than hostile
- Understand how the differences between you and your partner are an opportunity for you to develop new aspects of yourself
- Understand why an affair happened
- Understand why you chose your partner in the first place
- Learn new ways of nurturing your relationship and identify its strengths
- Or, support you to separate with grace and integrity if that is your chosen path
For Couples, the emphasis is on your relationship although by looking at how your relationship is with your partner, you will begin to understand how your relationship is affected by both your pasts. By its very nature, couples work is more directive than individual work and tends to be shorter term.
Thought of the Month (March)
"Sometimes, when we seek the gaze of another, it isn't our partner we are turning away from, but the person we have become."
Infidelity hurts. The pain of an affair rocks our world. Counselling can help both individuals and couples to truly face who they are and who they want to be. Just because you have thought and behaved in a certain way all your life, it doesn't mean that you have to continue with those patterns for the rest of it; Change is possible within a relationship to create a new way forward. The secret is to change your own thinking and behaviour rather than seeking to change your partner's.