Couples: I aim to help you to:
- Get your relationship back on track by giving a safe place where you can talk together
- Have a deeper understanding of the trigger points in your relationship so that alternative ways of settling differences can be reached
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your partner so that it is supportive and inquisitive rather than hostile
- Understand how the differences between you and your partner are an opportunity for you to develop new aspects of yourself
- Understand why an affair happened
- Understand why you chose your partner in the first place
- Learn new ways of nurturing your relationship and identify its strengths
- Or, support you to separate with grace and integrity if that is your chosen path
For Couples, the emphasis is on your relationship although by looking at how your relationship is with your partner, you will begin to understand how your relationship is affected by both your pasts. By its very nature, couples work is more directive than individual work and tends to be shorter term.
Thought of the Month
"In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, the grounds for marriage."
The safe space in a therapy room gives you the time to explore your relationship in a non-threatening environment. Couples therapy gives you the opportunity to re-connect with your partner whilst understanding how the behaviours that frustrate you are a chance for you both to grow as individuals so deepening your connection with each other.