Couples: I aim to help you to:
- Get your relationship back on track by giving a safe place where you can talk together
- Have a deeper understanding of the trigger points in your relationship so that alternative ways of settling differences can be reached
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your partner so that it is supportive and inquisitive rather than hostile
- Understand how the differences between you and your partner are an opportunity for you to develop new aspects of yourself
- Understand why an affair happened
- Understand why you chose your partner in the first place
- Learn new ways of nurturing your relationship and identify its strengths
- Or, support you to separate with grace and integrity if that is your chosen path
For Couples, the emphasis is on your relationship although by looking at how your relationship is with your partner, you will begin to understand how your relationship is affected by both your pasts. By its very nature, couples work is more directive than individual work and tends to be shorter term.
Thought of the Month
"You bring your own weather to the picnic"
Sometimes, people believe that everyone else’s relationship is happier than their own. Happy couples aren’t always happy; they have arguments, they go to bed angry, they roll their eyes…. But with happy couples, the difference is what is on the inside. It isn’t our partner’s job to make us happy in our relationship, it’s our own. If you live your life in a way that makes you feel whole and alive, then you have mastered one of the secrets of being happy in your relationship.