Couples: I aim to help you to:
- Get your relationship back on track by giving a safe place where you can talk together
- Have a deeper understanding of the trigger points in your relationship so that alternative ways of settling differences can be reached
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your partner so that it is supportive and inquisitive rather than hostile
- Understand how the differences between you and your partner are an opportunity for you to develop new aspects of yourself
- Understand why an affair happened
- Understand why you chose your partner in the first place
- Learn new ways of nurturing your relationship and identify its strengths
- Or, support you to separate with grace and integrity if that is your chosen path
For Couples, the emphasis is on your relationship although by looking at how your relationship is with your partner, you will begin to understand how your relationship is affected by both your pasts. By its very nature, couples work is more directive than individual work and tends to be shorter term.
What are the next steps?
"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
Martin Luther King
You’ve taken the first step by recognising you need support and looking at a counselling website. It’s important that you take time to find the right counsellor for you, so have a look at my other web pages and if I seem like ‘a right fit’, then contact me by email or telephone with no obligation. You don't have to be alone in this.
I look forward to hearing from you!