Couples: I aim to help you to:
- Get your relationship back on track by giving a safe place where you can talk together
- Have a deeper understanding of the trigger points in your relationship so that alternative ways of settling differences can be reached
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your partner so that it is supportive and inquisitive rather than hostile
- Understand how the differences between you and your partner are an opportunity for you to develop new aspects of yourself
- Understand why an affair happened
- Understand why you chose your partner in the first place
- Learn new ways of nurturing your relationship and identify its strengths
- Or, support you to separate with grace and integrity if that is your chosen path
For Couples, the emphasis is on your relationship although by looking at how your relationship is with your partner, you will begin to understand how your relationship is affected by both your pasts. By its very nature, couples work is more directive than individual work and tends to be shorter term.
Thought of the Month
"I wish they would only take me as I am ."
Vincent Van Gogh
We all want our partners to accept who we are and agree with everything we say but that is never going to happen. Exploring the differences between you in a ‘safe’ environment gives you both the opportunity to grow as individuals and as a couple. It can be challenging but that’s when real growth can happen.